The budget web page will provide readers with updates on school funding legislation, proposed budgets and other related information.
PPCSDs budget development process is a combined effort of District Administrators, faculty, staff, and community. This process is constantly evolving as administrative staff and community members work together, share ideas, and define common goals. The fundamental concepts of the process are as follows:
- The budget is driven by the district's mission and goals;
- Staff and community are active participants in the budget process;
- The budget is clear and understandable;
- The budget is developed in a logical, systematic manner with input from many sources;
- Funding is allocated after needs are justified and adequate revenues are identified; and
- All expenditures are accountable and subject to review.
The goal of the process is to present to the Board of Education budget allocations that are fair, balanced, and in alignment with the district’s mission:
"The mission of the Pine Plains Central School District is to ensure that all students can and will learn. Our school personnel are committed to educate all students to their fullest potential in academic performance and social/emotional behaviors and attitudes, so as to enable them to become productive members of society."
If you have questions or comments relating to the budget or budget process, please contact us at: email@example.com.