The PPCSD Information Technology Department
As part of the District Office, the mission of the Information Technology Department in the Pine Plains School District is multifold:
Educationally, the required District Technology Plan, developed by the IT Director and approved by NYSED, ensures that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information, and are safe from the many external dangers that irresponsible users of technology present. District-wide technology must be developed, implemented, nurtured, and supported in order to help students and teachers to become actively engaged in the learning of technological skills. By combining supportive, responsive classroom methods with open access to resources, state-of-the-art technology, appropriate facilities, and staff who are trained and knowledgeable, all students should become life-long learners and productive members of society.The major goals of technology use in the Pine Plains Central School District as related to the educational experience are:
- To provide fully equitable and equal access to state of the art equipment and applications.
- For each student to demonstrate the ability to acquire information from diverse sources utilizing current technology.
- To process the information obtained into appropriate language, multi-media expressions and /or physical models.
- To apply the information in order to make informed decisions.
- To disseminate the information and knowledge in many ways, utilizing the multiple forms and access methods that technology can provide.
Technology permeates any school or business today. District Departments, Infrastructure, and Procedures are supported in many, many ways by the IT Department. Some examples include:
- Internal Wireless and Wired Network Support, including Secure Virtual Networks and Isolation of Devices.
- Wide Area Fiber Network Support between Schools.
- High Speed Internet and External Agency Access and Monitoring.
- The Entire One to One Windows Device Program for all Staff and Students, from Procurement to Configuration, Distribution, Support and Inventory.
- All Computer Desktops and Peripherals in the District.
- Support and Installation of Classroom and Office Large Interactive Display, and Teaching Devices.
- Web Filtering in Compliance with Federal and State Standards.
- Physical IT Security in Compliance with NYSED Standards.
- Maintenance and Support of SPAM and Email Security Systems.
- Assistance with District Office Program Support.
- Maintenance and Support of Office Systems.
- District Security Systems, from Cameras to Building Access Systems
- Transportation Department Support
- Special Education Systems Support
- Building Emergency Management and Alert System Network and Data Management.
- HVAC and Power Systems Access Support.
- Public Display Systems and Support.
- Secure Remote Access for Office Users.
- ClassLink Remote Access and Rostering for Teachers, Students, and Administrators.
- Interfacing with External Vendors and Agencies on Technology Issues.
- Providing all Services in a Pre-planned, Fiscally Responsible Manner.
Need Help? Please Submit an IT Request using the Link Below:
Use this system to avoid delays in getting an appropriate response. The service request system is referenced first when making service assignments and dedicating resources.
The latest password change date was Monday, September 11, 2023.
For reasons of security, all staff users who do not complete the password change by Monday, Sept. 25, 2023 will have their accounts disabled. You will then need to contact the IT office directly in order to re-enable access of any kind. Further, accounts which are not re-enabled by Monday, Oct. 30, 2023 may be subject to deletion and subsequent delays associated with re-activation.
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Jed Nye
Lead Technician / Network Technician
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Francis Karalak