April 2, 2020
For Elizaville students without internet Mid-Hudson Cable is offering 60 days at $19.95 per month. No installation charge. 518 943 6600.
March 30, 2020
Both spectrum and Optimum (Altice) are offering 60 day access to their hotspots and WiFi. Links are below:
Si tiene preguntas sobre educación especial, 504, intervención académica o servicios de inglés como nuevo idioma (ENL), comuníquese con Janine Babcock a firstname.lastname@example.org. Si prefiere hacer sus preguntas en español, comuníquese con Lillian Cedeno a email@example.com o Julie Roberts a firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about special education, 504, academic intervention, or English as a New Language (ENL) services, please contact Janine Babcock at email@example.com. If you would prefer to ask your questions in Spanish, please contact Lillian Cedeno at firstname.lastname@example.org or Julie Roberts at email@example.com.
March 25, 2020
These past weeks have been stressful on all of us and, unfortunately, we are faced with continued uncertainty. I understand that you are worried about your children’s health, safety, emotional well-being, and continued learning. Please know that we are worried about your children, too, and we will do all we can to support your family during this time. There are many questions that will have to remain unanswered for now, but I want to share some information with you:
- All CSE and CPSE meetings have been postponed until school resumes for now. If your child had an annual review scheduled or if it had not yet been scheduled, please know that we will do our best to reschedule as soon as possible. Depending on the length of our school closure, we may need to move to online or phone meetings. As always, you will be contacted directly if a meeting is scheduled for your child.
- All initial evaluations, including transitions from EI to CPSE and CPSE to CSE, have been postponed until school resumes. As of now, these evaluations and meetings will not be conducted by phone or online.
- Any materials, resources, and activities that have been sent home by your child’s teachers were created collaboratively with special education and intervention teachers. We will continue to support your children’s special needs to the best of our ability during the closure. Special education teachers are working directly with the classroom teachers to ensure that our students are able to be as successful as possible during this time.
- At this time, we plan to provide extended school year services during the summer to those who are eligible. Those decisions were or will be made by the CSE at annual review meetings.
- Special education, intervention, and ENL teachers are all available by email (first initial.last firstname.lastname@example.org). Many of our teachers have reached out to you already and will continue to do so. At the middle/high school level, teachers may also be emailing students; please encourage your child to check his or her school account. Related service providers are in the process of contacting parents as well.
I appreciate your patience and flexibility. Please feel free to email me at email@example.com, and I will answer any questions that I can. I hope that you are all safe and healthy and able to enjoy some of this bonus time at home with your children.
Director of PPS
March 25, 2020:
Child-care services for first responders and health care workers:
During the school year, PPCSD partners with Health Kids to provide before and after care for school aged children. During this time of need, we are continuing to partner with Healthy Kids to provide child-care services for first responders and health care workers. Currently, Healthy Kids is operating out of their Poughkeepsie location. Should there be an increased need for a more localized service, we will do what we can to make that available. Below, please find contact information should you be in need of their services:
(845) 247-5572 www.healthykidsprograms.com
103 Hooker Ave, Poughkeepsie - Children under 3
70 Hooker Ave, Poughkeepsie - Children 5-12