Welcome to Stissing Mountain!
We are a small school in northern Dutchess County serving grades 6-12. Our enrollment of 505 students allows us to provide personal attention to their needs and foster their success. We know our students and they know we care. We are extremely proud of our amazing school. Highlights of our program:
- We house the only FFA program in Dutchess County and have a strong history of agricultural education. Our annual Agriculture Fair draws thousands of visitors to beautiful Pine Plains.
- We have a garden with aquaponic infrastructure, two greenhouses to supplement our science courses and our cafeteria program.
- Our one to one device program gives each student a lap top computer to use during the school year. 70% of our textbooks are e-based and that number will continue to increase from year to year. This program allows us to give our students constant access to current and worldwide resources.
- Our engineering program is ranges from video game design to sustainability and green energy with 5+ course offerings. Our students learn about robotics, architectural design, 3d printing and more.
- We collaborate with Bard College’s Masters of Arts in Teaching Program and Institute for Writing and Thinking. Our teachers implement writing based teaching strategies to help our students think deeply and critically in all subject areas.
- We offer 7 college-level courses in Math, English, History and Science and are expanding our dual enrollment program. Students can graduate from Stissing Mountain with 22 college credits.
- We are the only High School in Dutchess County to offer Mandarin as a foreign language.
- The Stissing Theater Guild puts on an amazing school musical every single year.
- Our arts and music programs continue to challenge our students and put out amazing products and concerts.
- We employ Project Based Learning and continue to grow its use in our building.
- Our buildings and grounds are spotless and beautiful, a true testament to our maintenance and custodial staff.
- EVERY member of our school community matters- students, parents, teachers and staff- we all work together to create Bomber Pride!