- Seymour Smith Intermediate Learning Center
- BLT Minutes
2020-21 BLT MinutesPosted by Julie Roberts on 9/29/2020
Seymour Smith BLT Minutes
April 12, 2021*Meetings - In Person or Virtual?Virtual for this year*Seymour Shirts - Continue or Not?Continue, Ask PTA for funding*Handwriting Books - Books or Online, Printable?Something Printed is Good, Book not necessary from all grade levels*Pathways After Graduation - Sort out detailswill share folderVideos should be uploaded around May 17th (3rd week of May)Pathways After Graduation Day - June 4thTeachers can decorate door with their college/ will print college signsSpirit Week that week!!*EXPO - What are teachers thinking? How will it look?*Field Day - How can we make this work?
March 8, 2021
*Career Day- showcase
The Future is Bright
Pathways After Graduation
Teachers interview people
May (after state testing)
*Literacy Week- 3/15 through 3/19
Treasure Hunt info coming
*Honor Roll- hold off for now
February 8, 20201
*Shirts are in!*Will make a nomination form.*Hand out the week before Bomber Blue Fridays!
*Maybe the presenters could record a video to send to us?*Let's pick a date and start...
- Career Day:
*If we don't use honor roll, we need another way to recognize academics...*Need more input, maybe discuss at faculty meeting.*Maybe a DLT discussion, too?
- Honor Roll:
January 11, 2021
- Shirt update - monthly/HR
- Budget meetings took place
- Specials Schedule review
- Honor Roll discussion
December 14, 2020
SEL Update - Committee Mtg Update
Right Reason Benchmark Tests - Complete before break, Start to Analyze Data in January
Planning for 20-21 in January - thinking about budget, schedules, etc.
Seymour Logo - New? Something to pull together, Julie will share ideas
Incentive Shirts for Students - New Logo? Order with PTA Next Month?
November 14, 2020
- BLT Goal: Admin will send out F & P Chart with instructions. Please fill in INSTRUCTIONAL level for Fall and Spring.
Weekly Shout Outs!: Last one on Friday. We will move to ROARS Awards, 1 per class in Winter and Spring. Since we are unable to assemble, we will present in class with announcements over the PA.
Parent/Teacher Conferences:Mid November-Mid December at mutual convenience.
October 19, 2020
- Reviewed BLT Goal from 2019-2020 school year.
- New Goal for 2020-2021: 80% of students will make 2 levels of growth in Fountas & Pinnell Running Record Assessments from Winter 2020 to Spring 2021.
September 21, 2020
- Open House
- Discussed timing and attendance.
- Possible need for another if/when there is a change to hybrid.
- Building Goal Review
- 2019-2020: 80% of students will increase 2 levels from September to June in F & P Running Records.
- We will use September to February.
- Analyze data at the next meeting.
- 2020-2021 Building Goal
- TBC next meeting.
- Various communication tools are used during Remote, discussion followed to streamline thorugh support staff and specials with email communication being the main source.
- Concise communication/emails.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Hold off until December due to possible changes with hybrid, etc.
- Weekly Shout Outs
- Continue as motivation for students.
- Shout Out Board